You know what I love more than getting review product delivered to my doorstep? While on the way home from work receiving an email on my iPhone from a vendor verifying that I received the product. That’s what Rob at Chome Bags did. I’m the kind of guy that when I buy something I can’t wait to open the package until I get home so I attack it as soon as I step foot outside of the store’s doors…it’s the kid in me I guess.
I have been really stoked about receiving the Shins for a few reasons:
- MTOBikes.com will no longer solely focus on mountain bikes. Chrome Bags marks the first vendor to help support us in this new endeavor.
- About ten years ago we bought my father a bike so that he could commute to work. He bought an odometer shortly after and has Just under 12,000 miles logged on the bike. His longest ride has only been 34 miles. Around the time we bought my father his bike I had been riding to and from high school to my job as a pharmacy technician. I moved closer to work in December and got the itch to start biking to work. I bought a single speed 29er (commuter/road bike on the way), but I’ve been lacking good commuter apparel. Enter Chrome Bags Light Weight Shins.
- In regards to commuter apparel, bags, and backpacks Chrome Bags have quite a reputation and as such I have been really excited to get my hands on some gear.
I realize I kind of rambled on for awhile…hey, I’m excited. Not only am I excited about the Shins, but this marks a new era for MTOBikes.
Here’s what Chrome Bags has to say about the Light Weight Shins:
Our lightweight Shins deliver technical features that riders depend on for the daily grind. The lighter 4.6 oz material will act as a second skin without the added weight in hotter climates. This 3/4 length technical cycling knicker will stay in rotation due to its functionality on the bike and its clean, fresh look off.
- Made of 4-way Tweeve™ Durastretch™ fabric, a durable, breathable fabric, that retains its shape and is also water-repellant
- Cut high in back and low in front
- Keeper pockets
- Lightly padded chamois seat and inseam
- Reinforced hem
- Zipper and secured cargos
- Articulated knees
The Shins are available in the following sizes:
Small: 28″-30″ / inseam 21″– Medium: 30″-32″ / inseam 22″– Large: 32″-34″ / inseam 22.5″– X-Large: 34″-37″ / inseam 23″
The material used is very light weight, has great breathability, and stretches anywhere from 1-3″ in any direction. They are stylish. Let me repeat, they are stylish. Sexy and sleek. The thigh pockets are deep and cargo pockets have zippers. There was good reason for my excitement and at first glance it doesn’t appear that I’ll be disappointed.
A review of the Light Weight Shins will be published soon, so check back often or sign up for our RSS feed or newsletter to be notified when the review is published.